Well done Swaras and guests alike, you turned out in full force for this week’s Valley Arcade run, knocked the trail (metaphorically) out of the park, and we even had a veteran Swara reunion after the run, with some founding members coming together to reminisce and admire how far their club has come. That’s testament to you all, as members and supporters of this unique, almost 15 year old recreational running club, led by volunteers, and driven by the pure passion that #RunningIsLiving. And have you booked your spot at the end of year dinner yet?! What are you waiting for?! Time is ticking: https://forms.gle/ffx3uxdsyV477kyt9
See Starting Line for some photo highlights: https://sway.office.com/rBAP6FujCJmOmCH7?ref=Link
We still have a couple of singlets and of course, the ubiquitous yellow t shirt in plenty! Pick one up at your next run.
All those who registered for Stan Chart by end of Monday 9th October, your kits are available for collection from the next run, or reach out to us to arrange for delivery. Everyone else, you will collect your kits from Uhuru Gardens from the 23rd October.
This week’s run – Lava Latte, State House Road
This week we are having a short shake-out run from Lava Latte on State House Road, with distances of 5, 10, and 15km only. A chance to ground yourself before your big marathon on Sunday, or to get a few kms in if you’re just in it for fun! You can stay on for a sociable breakfast with your fellow Swaras, with a great breakfast offer provided by the venue. Post-run stretching will be led by our very own Elvis Abonyo. See Starting Line for more details and to register: https://sway.office.com/rBAP6FujCJmOmCH7?ref=Link
Stan Chart is this weekend, in case you missed it! Registration is now CLOSED. A few important bits of info:
- Whatever distance you’re running, get there early enough to not be in a rush. Starting times are 6am for the full, 7am for the half, and 8am for the 10km.
- There will be a small Swara tent in the run village, shared with a couple of other running clubs, for you to leave belongings at, but of course, we advise against leaving valuables there. We advise against bringing your car, instead use public means or get dropped off. Look for the Swara teardrop banners to locate the tent.
- There will be Stan Chart standard support on the course, and some special Swara support, thanks to an able group of generous volunteers. PLEASE wear your Swara t shirt/singlet/jacket/cap for them to recognise you! The Swara volunteers will also be Swara branded so you can’t miss them.
- Cheer on your fellow runners! Give a smile or a thumbs up to someone doing well, someone struggling, or someone you recognise, it really can go a long way.
- When you’re finished, it’s always nice to cheer on at the finish line, or find a spot along the course to cheer on those who haven’t yet finished, we strongly encourage you to do so!
- Enjoy the run! We wish each and every one of you the very best.
Not a run but a party!
Let’s celebrate our running year together, with a dinner and opportunity to dress up and party, with the Urban Swaras End of Year Dinner 2023.
Venue: Qaribu Inn, Waiyaki Way, Loresho
Date: Saturday 4th November
Time: 6.30pm till late
Theme: Golden Oldies – 60s and 70s retro! Crack out those bell bottoms, big lapel jackets, platform heels, or anything else you think captures the spirit of those classic technicolour decades.
Tickets; 3,500 KES, inclusive of three course dinner and soft drink
Extras: DJ and cash bar, and some little surprises for sure!
Paybill number 222111, account number 2106011, business name Urban Swaras Running Club
We have a new sponsor! Thanks to Shiwan Adventures for sponsoring the event, you can find out more about their adventure and team building services here: https://www.facebook.com/ShiwanAdventures
Link to book: https://forms.gle/ffx3uxdsyV477kyt9