Those of us who are regular Swaras look forward to this run with great anticipation, and many make the pilgrimage even outside of the official Swara run, perfect training for hilly marathons. Those of you who are new to the Swaras, what a treat you have in store for you this week!
The time has come, for the Tigoni Tea Plantations Trail!
Date: Saturday 1st February 7am
Venue: Gulf Petrol Station, Kabuku-Tigoni Road, Tigoni
Distance: 5, 10,15, 20, 30, 35 and 40km.
Run type: majority trail, and plenty of up and down!
Breakfast: Breakfast is to be taken at your leisure at the cafe within the Gulf petrol station, where you pay for what you consume (very fairly priced tea, pancakes, samosas, sausages, etc.)
Google Maps link to the venue: https://goo.gl/maps/WS7anMqyQiYraavB6
Directions to the venue:
The Waiyaki Way Route.
This route is approximately 32 Kilometers from Nairobi City.
– Leave Nairobi along the Naivasha/Nakuru road.
– On the highway, take a left turn at Rironi, join Narok road.
– At the T-Junction, take a right turn.
– Pass under a bridge and continue until the Bata sign (red and white in colour) on your left.
– Take a left at the sign.
– Proceed past Limuru Milk Processors (on right).
– Continue under the train bridge, and take a right turn at the T-Junction.
– Stay on this road, pass Limuru Children’s Center, Tigoni Hospital, and various shops.
– Look for the “Brackenhurst Conference Center” sign on the right. Ahead you will see a Gulf Petrol station.
The Village Market Route.
This route is approximately 35 Kilometers from Nairobi City.
– Stay on Limuru Road, passing Runda Estate on your right, and drive to Ruaka Town.
– As you get into Ruaka town, look for the Brackenhurst sign at the junction and turn right onto Banana Hill Road.
– Drive on past Mucatha, Kentmere Club, and Limuru Girls School.
– Stay on the main road until you see a Gulf Petrol station on your right.
Facilities: parking is limited so please carpool where possible (carpooling is always encouraged amongst Swaras).
Registration: Registration is required, please fill out your details here: https://forms.gle/XVjiVV1BgoDqg6vh8
Guests: As always, guest fees of 500ksh apply. Please share the following link with anyone interested in joining the club for the first time: http://urbanswaras.co.ke/new-members/